Tuesday 16 April 2013

Long time no see. Sorry!

I knew it had been a while since I had posted but I had not realised quite how long. Must try harder!!

I wanted to share with you a card that I made for swaps at a recent training event. Swapping is my favourite part of training as I get to meet so many talented demonstrators and take away with me a piece of their wonderful work by sharing something I have done.



The theme this time was masculine. The lovely lion is from the zoo review stamp set (main catalogue) which I think is a really versatile set for any gender or age. From just £21.95 for 5 stamps that makes this lion less than a fiver which is a bargain considering the versatility. I stamped him in Bravo Burgundy ink on Very Vanilla card stock. You can't really see it in the picture but the edges of the cards stock are inked too. The card base is Cherry Cobbler and you may be able to make out the embossed detail using the Borders Scoring plate from the spring/summer seasonal catalogue. I love how easy this is to use as unlike other scoring tolls that I have used it comes with a guide that sits above your work that helps you to know where the twists and turns are.

At the training I was asked to do an inspiration station. I was thrilled to be asked to do this, especially as I have not been demonstrating for a full year yet, although I must admit I was also a little daunted as the other displays I have seen have been amazing. Come back to my blog tomorrow and I'll share with you one of my makes from my display.

No comments:

Post a Comment